At SAP, they believe in Open Source, Open Standards, and Open APIs which makes them support Open Fest also this year. Their solutions provide more choices and flexibility by using such open technologies. As no single company can keep pace with the power and speed of communities that openly co-innovate, at SAP they believe that sharing creates value.
SAP is an active contributor, user, and creator of open source software. To be able to be used in enterprise scenarios, Open Source software requires qualities such as security, data protection, and accessibility. Software specialists from the SAP’ development center in Sofia are actively working on some of the key open source projects of the company:
- Gardener – a production-grade Kubernetes as a service management tool that works across various cloud-platforms (e.g, AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba & SAP Datacenters) and on-premise (e.g. with OpenStack).
- Kyma – offers a flexible and easy way to connect and extend enterprise applications in a cloud-native fashion. It is designed natively on Kubernetes and thus, it is portable to all major cloud providers.
- OpenUI5 – Code once. Run on any device. OpenUI5 enables the creation of enterprise-ready Web apps responsive to all devices. It follows open standards, and includes powerful development concepts and a rich set of UI controls.
SAP contributes to the following open source projects and foundations:
- Linux Foundation
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation
- Cloud Foundry Foundation
- Apache Software Foundation
- Eclipse Foundation
- Continuous Delivery Foundation
- Open API Initiative
- ToDo Group